At the end of Calle Santa Croce, on the other side of the bridge that crosses Canal San Domenico, there is Saint Domenico’s church, an ancient Dominican Cloister, founded in 1287.
This Romanesque church owns a very rich artistic heritage; Vittore Carpaccio’s Saint Paul Stigmatized stands out among the various works of art.
But the most interesting thing surely is the legend of the mysterious “fishermen’s Christ” cross of (or “the cross that came from the sea”) whose provenance is still unknown and whose facial expressions change according to the different points of view.
It is possible to visit the church every day.
From 09:00 am to 12:00 and from 3:00 to 5:30 pm.